Health & Safety
The Toro Company provides its employees and contractors with a safe workplace by identifying risks and eliminating the causes of occupational injuries and illnesses at all facilities.
Health and Safety Program
Toro focuses on reducing workplace injuries and incidents. Key elements of the company's health and safety culture include periodic review of metrics and the circumstances of each injury, in addition to the following:
- Effective accident and incident investigations.
- Monthly executive review of each injury, its cause, and corrective actions for all manufacturing sites.
- Quarterly executive review of our progress toward injury reduction goals, initiatives and issues.
- Annual goal setting for total recordable injury, lost-time injury, and injury severity reductions for each site.
- Annual Board review of programs and results.
Toro maintains effective site programs to assure each employee has the training and supervision needed to work safely. Our site programs include:
- Periodic external audits to assure compliance with all national, regional and local safety and health requirements.
- Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems that facilitate integration of OHS considerations into the overall management of the site.
- Monitoring of workplace exposures to chemicals, noise, dust and other health and safety measurements to assure safe working conditions.
- Comprehensive training in health and safety measures for workers and supervisors.