What is Biodiesel?
Biodiesel is a cleaner-burning alternative fuel made from renewable resources.
Environmental Benefits of Biodiesel
- Lower greenhouse gas and soot emissions compared to petroleum diesel fuel
- Cleaner-burning fuel that is biodegradable and nontoxic
- Clean Air Act tested
Economic & Performance Benefits of Biodiesel
- Superior engine lubricity resulting in less equipment downtime
- Similar performance benefits to petroleum diesel fuel
- Can be used in existing diesel engines with a few minor modifications
- Can help reduce our dependence on foreign oil
Toro Equipment B20 Approved
2008 Model Year (or newer) - With the exception of EPA – Tier 4 (fully compliant) diesel powered models, all other diesel-powered Toro® Reelmaster®, Groundsmaster®, Greensmaster®, Workman®, Multi Pro® and Z Master® product families are B20 compatible.
2009 Model Year - All diesel-powered Toro® Dingo® compact utility loaders.
Biodiesel kits are also available to retrofit 2002 or newer diesel-powered commercial equipment and landscape contractor mowers. The conversion kits are compatible with biodiesel blends up to B20, which represents a mix of 20% biodiesel and 80% petroleum. Contact your local Toro distributor or dealer to find out what conversion kit is required for your machine.